Sunday, June 27, 2010

Still in the States

May 15, 2010

Wow what a long day! After running errands in preparation for this trip, I drove all over Texas delivering my pets to friends and family members to keep for the next month. I forgot how far away College Station is from everywhere else. Not to mention, I did all of this driving on very little sleep, because I spent most of last night moving my tropical fish tank to a friend’s house. Moving an established aquarium is not an easy task, but in order to convince my friend to feed everyone’s fish for a month, everyone’s tanks had to be together in one place. In the end, there were four tanks in one small apartment, and moving mine kept me awake until 4am last night. I have not been this tired since finals, which were only one week ago!

I am setting off for Germany exhausted but very excited. I have never been outside the U.S. before, so this trip will be a completely new experience for me. I am slightly worried about my inability to speak German, or anything besides English for that matter. I have no idea what to expect, but I am looking forward to learning how people do things in different countries, particularly with regards to veterinary medicine.

No comments: