Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Short and sweet

Okay, I won't go on and on for this one. The second day in Hannover was really good!!! Yeah for vet stuff!! We started out by going to surgery rounds. Thankfully, they were kind enough to present most of the cases in English, so that we could understand what was going on. Then, Dr. Hahn took us through the horse clinic. Quite impressive, once again. The amount of room they have and new machinery they use was really great to see.
Then, we got to go palpate for some ovaries. I am horrible at palpating, and even with help and guidance, I could not find them. Kind of frustrating, but maybe one day I'll be able to find them. We also saw how they do "ovum pickup". Melissa and Greg gave their best attempts to pickup some ova. It did not look easy, that's for sure.
And, lastly (told you it would be short), we went to a stud farm. Absolutely gorgeous stallions! The facility did a lot more than I was expecting. Of course, they collect semen, but they also train them for competition in events, such as dressage. I was glad we had done the male repro lab in physiology, otherwise when we collected and evaluated the semen, I would have had no clue what they were talking about. That's all for now.

No comments: