Monday, June 7, 2010

Final words and goodbyes....

Berlin was unlike any other place I have been so far. I don't really know what I was expecting to run into, but I was definitely not expecting to be so intrigued as I was. It is a city full of so much history, some good and a lot bad, but it was definitely a learning experience.
I really enjoyed the bike tour through Berlin and it was my first successful ride where I managed not to crash into anyone....thank goodness.... The history that we encountered was amazing to see that all these horrible things happened and it really was fairly recent. The concentration camp gave me a lot of mixed and inexplainable feelings but it was definitely an experience that I will cherish and remember and I hope that everyone who visits one of these aweful pieces of history can see how human power can get out of control when given to one man.
Thursday was definitely an emotion day between the concentration camp and learning the history of the Berlin Wall and even just getting to see parts of the actual wall. To see where the Wall once was and be able to cross over just a pair of pebble stones onto the other side, gives you an appreciation for free movement because there was a time when it wasn't as simple as just crossing over, there were consequences.
Our last day in Germany proved to be a great one! The Zoo was great, especially the hippos and it was nice to end the evening in the Zabah Moroccan restaurant that had some pretty amazing food! When it came down to saying goodbye, I tried not to get emotional, while it will be nice to move on to Italy, I still feel
like I was not quite ready to part. I hope that everyone had as great of an experience as I did and it was great to have my eyes opened to a whole other world in which I fully intend on coming back to very soon! TCHUSS!!!

No comments: